Thursday, April 23, 2009

I AM REALLY GEN-Y???


In hopefully 2 hours, I will be on the road headed toward Ohio till Monday. I tried my best to ensure that everything was taken care of before I leave including stuffing wedding invitations and working on Group Projects. The real test will be to see how connected I can stay while I am out of town. I should have access to a computer while I am away, however I'm not sure how reliable. The good news for this Gen Yer is that I have instant messaging (although who really really uses IM anymore?) access to several email accounts, including Yahoo, and internet access.
Last year in my Marketing class we discussed Generation Y who is pictured as tech-savvy, casual, connected young adults.

I have never really missed school much during the semester so this will be a trial run to see how equipped I am to stay connected, or how Gen Y can I prove my self to be. If my Helio fails me does this mean I need to update to an IPhone? Or if I have to search down a public library in the area does this mean I need to trade in my Mac Mini, for a Mac Air? If I cannot find my way with Mapquest directions or simple memory, do I need to invest in a decked-out GPS system? If my radio breaks or service fails will my little i pod shuffle contain enough to keep me entertain or do I need to think about purchasing its bigger brother the Nano (which would still leave me far behind.)

I suppose this will be a good test to determine how much do I fit in with this Gen-Y group that I belong to and whether I may be lagging a bit in my use of updated technology and the experience from owning multiple "essential" gadgets. We shall see how this experiment ends next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment