Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wiki-knowledge


After a semester of stress and pushing through the period on auto-pilot, some students determine in their mind to try and enjoy and really cherish the learning they are receiving and resolve to go to class and enjoy oneself. Okay, well maybe not some people, maybe just me. I tried I did, but it only lasts a while. By week three or four with assignments rolling in and what seems like more activities in the day than hours in the day that desire to relish the learning experience dwindles and fades until the week after finals.
Though this cycle will no doubt continue I still desire to learn more and new interesting things daily. I recently discovered that my phone is formatted for Wikipedia so I have been finding myself pulling up the events that occurred in History on that particular day of the month or random articles. If I hear of a particular person in History that I don't know of I can just look up their name and know all I need. In those times of boredom when I should probably be reading for a class I can add a little tidbit to my miscellaneous bank of knowledge. I think it is a really neat tool and it is so amazing how every bit of knowledge is at the fingertips without those same fingertips at a keyboard. I feel that there no excuse for anyone with basic technology to be uninformed after they are aware of it unless they desire not to know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment