Thursday, February 19, 2009

Me Too??...

Animal CrossingImage via Wikipedia

Our class is reading WIKINOMICs which discusses a lot about collaboration. We have also read a bit of Convergence Culture. I would have thought that these were new things to me and i haven't participated in collaborating or communities but as i think about it, I have. When I heard another Animal crossing was coming out, I added my ideas for the new game to the board and someone was going to send out ideas to Nintendo. The website also has an area where you can meet people and schedule a time to meet in the game and trade items or just to play and talk and explore. I visited several towns and had someone over to mine.
Another way a community has aided me is through Yahoo Answers. I have asked numerous Wedding questions and DIY tips which people were happy to answer sometimes in rather rude ways but nevertheless I definitely got a mixture of answers. I have even used the Yahoo answers community to help me with calculus questions that I had. There are seriously all types of people on Yahoo who sit and wait for an engaging question to arise and then enjoy answering and racking up points for being a Top contributor.
The Knot has a similar set up that serves al types of Brides-to-Be. There are message boards for general topics and even boards separated by states so that Brides can find vendors in their area and get reviews. The site also includes Real Wedding through which people can share their own wedding themes and ideas through pictures.
There is so much that I have been involved in on-line that I guess I never noticed what I was becoming a part of and that things were changing and developing in the way that they have.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment